Sunday, October 20, 2013

[outfit] smart casual trade show outfit

I've been away in Vegas for the week for the industry trade show. The idea of business trips in sin city sounds perfect, I had envisage myself working in the morning and having some fun at night, well.. didn't quite happen that way... haha in actual fact being there for work is just as tiring as any other city! 

While packing, heels were out of the questions, there was going to be lots and lots of standing and walking around, I opted for boots instead. 


Jeans are frequently seen worn in the industry I work at here in the US, I wanted to be more on the smart side with jeans so went with the darker colour and dress it up with a silk blouse from Theory and a little black jacket.  

This little black jacket I have had for years! I had it made to measure on a trip to Shanghai, it was a very thrifty purchase but smart enough to wear in work settings, worth every penny!! 

DAY 1


People are frequently seen trotting around trade shows in carry out suitcases merely because there are always a thousand pieces of paper and catalogues and cards you are given (as a buyer). I was there to exhibit as well as some minimal buying, a large bag to accommodate for those was therefore necessary! 


Those brown boots I've also had for years by Etienne Aigner. Famous for leather goods making in the 50s, I remember my mum used to buy Aigner handbags in the early 90s, the brand is very rarely seen these days.


So comfortable and well made though, I love them! 


Accessorise, accessorise, accessories. Bracelet by vita fede and hermes


The silk blouse by theory


Belt by Moynat 



My self-proclaimed smart-enough-for-trade-show outfit! I wore the same outfit for post show dinner with clients. 


Jacket: Made to measure in Shanghai
Blouse: Theory
Jeans: 7-for-all-mankind
Belt: Moynat
Bracelet: Hermes, Vita Fede
Boots: Vintage Etienne Aigner
Bag: Balenciaga


DAY 2

I had packed 2 pairs of boots for the 4 day show yet had forgotten to take pictures for the other 2 days. ha!  







The only difference to day 1 was the top and jeans. The top was one of my Phillip Lim for Target purchase, the blocked colour and ruffle effects are very slimming. A good buy i think! 




For post show supper with buyer that night I went with my Chanel Classic Mini which was a recent purchase from Sicily. 


Love the colour!!! I must admit it doesn't hold a whole lot, but holds enough, cash, cards, iphone, lip gloss.. and a bit more, not too bad! 


Crossed shouldered




Jacket: Made to measure in Shanghai
Top: Phillip Lim for Target
Jeans: 7-for-all-mankind
Bracelet: Hermes, Vita Fede
Boots: Vintage Etienne Aigner
Bag: Balenciaga for day, Chanel for night

Here's my 2 piece on trade show outfits~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment