Monday, November 11, 2013

[outfit] recent Phillip lim for Target top/ pencil skirt with isabel marant ankle boots

How silly of me to truly believed that the weather here was really turning more wintery as the cloud gathered the other day... nope! didn't happen, lasted for about 2 hours. The temperature did drop slightly making it colder in the mornings and at night... just like how it is in a desert! 


The quality of the top wasn't the greatest, but it was around $26 so I didn't have too high of an expectation, it is perfectly comfy on the skin, and it feels like the type of material you can just throw in the machine- perfect work wear! I took a quick look on the target website most of the Phillip Lim line's on sale now!!  



I thought the top hang quite nicely, I like how the ruffle isn't too girly



Paired with a mini statement-ish necklace by J-crew 





Good old skinny jeans and ballerinas 


For those slightly colder moments during the day, a cardigan is always handy~


Leather pieces seems to be popular this season and in greater areas on the garment compared to smaller areas of leather trims seen last year and the year before. I've had this cardigan for a while, how convenient with the leather trend now!! yay! It has areas of leather and fabric, I like how the two work together giving it more of a casual feel to it. 








Too purple again with the jeans and bag combo, i know.. but sometimes, in the morning, removing everything from handbag A to handbag B feels like moving a house.. just didn't quite happen that day.


Top: Phillip Lim for Target
Jeans: Rag n Bone
Flats: Chanel
Bag: Givenchy
Cargidan: Emporio Armani
Necklace: J Crew

Other than leather, pencil skirt! go knee length or below the knee for skirts, they are all over the place these days. Be bolder and go leather pencil skirt!! 




For ideas of the skirts see net-a-porter or asos for a more frugal selection~ 

I am not brave enough for a leather pencil skirt, opted for a simple black pencil skirt. I've had this skirt for years and years and I never got around to wearing it.. I feel like the pencil skirt can sometimes give you that really too office-y look that I don't always like, so i tried dressing it down with a sweater. 


I love this look by Freda especially the loose fit white t shirt that goes with the skirt. 



Necklace to jazz up the look





I feel that heels are musts with pencil skirts, since the majority of the legs are covered up I neeeeeed that elongation with the heels.


Or else i'll look more of a hobbit than I already do... 






Top: ASOS
Skirt: Freda
Boots: Isabel Marant
Bag: Givenchy
Necklace: J Crew

and finally.. to me, the champion of pencil skirts queen Victoria Beckham~








No comments:

Post a Comment