Monday, March 3, 2014

[thots] Oscar night- favourite dresses

Watching the Oscars has been a ritual for us since we were young. Moving to the US makes this ritual even easier with no time difference; so, as always, I was stuck to the TV from the red carpets right to the end. I loved Ellen as a host, so charming and witty, and of course the record breaking selfie moment was just so fun even for us watching! (and just how photogenic is everyone.. !? no wonder they are all super stars!)




Portia De Rossi 
Naeem Khan

Very edgy interesting choice, I really like the shape and the halter neck design of the dress, Love her hair, love her! 






Charliz Theron
Dior (of course..)

I think she's THE most stunning actress I could stare at her all day! Always so elegant and chic... even in black!




Cate Blanchett
Giorgio Armani

Her performace in blue jasmine was breathtakingly good, looking sophisticated as always in the intricate Armani


Jennifer Lawrance 
Dior

I liked how the dress fit her so seamlessly. Although I feel that her dress looks a tad like Charliz Theron's dress from last year (but in red), with Portia's hair styling.. she still looked nice and refreshed. 


Kate Hudson
Versace

She's one of those actresses that I think are both sexy and sweet, I particularily liked the shawl/cape thing that hangs from her shoulders, (which she took off when presenting) I thought that was very edgy and cool- obviously not as cool as Gwyneth Paltrow's Tom Ford cape, but I thought this was a softer/elegant-cool. 


Lupita Nyong'o
Prada

Very princessy gown with great colour (Nairobi blue as she said) I thought this fitted her figure and skin tone perfectly, nice and simple with no excess jewels, nicely put together. 


Olivia Wilde
Valentino

Best dressed preggo in my mind. The dress has a white contrasting train on the back which makes it not just a simple black dress, I like the pocket detail.




Naomi Watts
Calvin Klein 

White seems to be a popular choice, but I feel that the necklace by Bvlgari is the key piece that makes her outfit shine~ 


Some random moments 

How beautiful would their kids look if they had a few..?!?


Pizza!!!! and they DO have beautiful kids! 



No comments:

Post a Comment