Friday, April 12, 2013

[food] lamb/pork ragu tagliatelle

Food to some people is merely a source of energy consumed for the purpose of survival; to a lot of other people though it's a way of life, it's family, friends, it's everything and anything could be revolved around food! I am the latter. 

Influenced by family (my brother especially, is a real foodie) friends and living away from home since the age of 12 I think has a lot to do with why food is so important to me, it's always the meal time that brings people together. 

One of my favourite pastime is to explore new food places and eating out, so much so we often plan our travel arrangements according to the restaurants we reserve! But there's only so often you can eat out without feeling too unhealthy or broke! so i try to cook at home too and frankly quite enjoy messing around in the kitchen!

Here I am sharing the lamb/pork ragu tagliatelle recipe i used the other day, and since I am such a amateur I NEVER measure the ingredients (LOL) I'll use rough estimates to explain, god knows, maybe I'll never post another cooking related post! ha~ 





What was used (for 2)
(I have small hands)

1. spring onion (3 of, finely chopped)

2. dried oregano (a few shakes- say 5)
3. fresh mint (finely chopped about 7 leaves)
4. crushed chilli (1/2 ~ 1 tea spoon - depends on how spicy you like it)

5. mince pork (amounts to about 1 fist size)
6. mince lamb (amounts to about 2 fists size)

7. chopped tomato (2 tins)
8. tomato paste (2 spoon full)

9. Worcester sauce (about 6 shakes)
10. salt
11. pepper
12. sugar

13. tagliatelle (for 2)
14. fresh mint (finely chopped about 7 leaves)

Steps (the ancient british pop band STEPS song 5, 6, 7, 8.. immediately popped in my head as i was typing this....so sad..)

A. Heat the saucepan w oil, add 1 and stir for a like 2 mins 
B. Add 2, 3, 4 stir a further 2 mins
C. Add 5,6, keep stirring til they lose the pinkness
D. Add 7, 8 
E. Add 9, 10, 11, 12 (season to taste, can always add more tomato paste too)
F. Let it simmer for about 20 mins

G. Cook the tagliatelle in a separate larger pan according to time instructed on the packet
H. Drain tagliatelle, pour back to pan, pour the sauce into the pan, stir and serve~ sprinkle with 14 ! 

That's it~! this originated from a recipe i found online, and tweaked it a bit coz i couldn't find all the ingredients, it was really easy quick and yum though! 

2 comments:

  1. OMG I TOTALLY thought this was at a restaurant!(How American do I sound hahaha)

    Chia-Hui

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first 3 letter sound TOTALLY LA.. like OMG! This was my shabby cooking at home~ x

    ReplyDelete