Had real cravings for roast potatoes all day yesterday, so when I got home I thought I'd make some! It's a very simple recipe that takes about 30 mins to make, very little actions is needed, most of the time is just waiting..
What was used
1. Potato x 1
Steps (Pre heat oven to about 220C/ 425F)
1. Cut the potato in to wedges- cut at an angle (skin can be left on)
2. Soak in water for about 10 mins
3. Dry off
5. Add salt
6. Add pepper
7. Cover the entire baking tray with aluminium foil & oven for 10 mins
8. The potatoes should be semi-cooked already, now remove the foil, & oven for 10 more mins.
9. Take out the tray, flip the potatoes over & oven for 10 more mins.
10. Turned the heat down to about 160C/325F and put the oven on grill mode. grill for about 3 mins.
11. Add garlic (optional) or garnish with what is preferred, add more salt or pepper as desired
It's a bit time consuming but very little work is needed, the grilling at the end was to let some of the oil come out so it's not so greasy. The potatoes turned out pretty yum and very crispy on the outside especially around the edges!!